The difference between die casting and injection molding:
1. The injection pressure of the die-casting mold is large, so the requirements for the template should be relatively thick to prevent deformation.
2. The gate of the die-casting mold is different from that of the injection mold, which requires a high pressure of the split cone to decompose the material flow.
3. Die-casting mold cores do not need to be quenched, because the temperature in the cavity exceeds 700 degrees during die-casting. Therefore, each molding is equivalent to quenching once, and the cavity mold will become harder and harder, and the general injection mold must be quenched to above HRC52.
4. Die-casting molds generally need to be nitrided in the cavity to prevent the alloy from sticking to the cavity.
5. Generally, the corrosion of die-casting mold is relatively large, and the outer surface is generally blue.
6. Compared with the injection mold, the movable matching part of the die-casting mold has a larger matching gap, because the high temperature of the die-casting process will cause thermal expansion. If the gap is too small, it will cause the mold to jam.
7. The parting surface matching requirements of die-casting molds are higher, because the fluidity of the alloy is much better than that of the plastic, and the high temperature and high pressure material flow from the parting surface will be very dangerous.
8. Generally, injection molds can be vented by thimble, parting surface, etc., die-casting molds must have venting grooves and slag collecting bags (collecting cold material heads).
Many die-casting products
are post-process processing, basically without inclined top and inner sliding block;Injection molds
are generally formed at one time.
Ningbo Fuerd was founded in 1987, is leading full-service die Casting Tooling
, aluminum die casting
, zinc die casting
, Gravity casting
manufacturer. We are a solution provider offering a wide array of capabilities and services that include engineering support, designing
, complex CNC machining
, impregnation, tumbling, chrome, powder coating, polishing, assembly and other finishing services. We will work with you as partners not just suppliers.
- Full Service in Die Casting & Machining Since 1987
- Die Casting Machine from 180 to 4400 tons
- 1500+ Set of Casting Parts Exported Overseas
- Trusted By Top Brandings in Automotive & Medical Industry
- IATF 16949 Certificated Factory
- Famous“Die Casting City in China"
- Well-trained Staff Will Support You Efficiently From RFQ to Shipment.
NINGBO FUERD MECHANICAL CO., LTD