In the process of die casting production, the forming conditions of die casting die parts
are extremely bad, they are subjected to repeated effects of mechanical erosion, chemical erosion and thermal fatigue.
1) The molten metal enters the mold cavity under high pressure and high speed, which causes intense friction and impact on the surface of the mold cavity, causing erosion and wear on the mold surface.
2) It is inevitable that molten slag will be brought into the molten metal during the pouring process. The molten slag has a complex chemical effect on the surface of the formed parts. The compound of aluminum and iron, like a wedge, accelerates the formation and development of cracks in the die casting die.
3) Thermal stress is the main reason for the surface cracks of die-casting parts. In every production process of die-casting parts, in addition to the high-speed and high-pressure erosion of liquid metal, the surface of formed parts also absorbs the heat released by the metal in the solidification process, resulting in heat exchange. In addition, due to the heat conduction of the die material, the temperature of the surface layer of the formed part rises sharply, resulting in a large temperature difference between the surface layer and the inner layer, resulting in internal stress. When the liquid metal fills the cavity, the surface layer of the cavity first reaches high temperature and expands, while the temperature of the inner layer is low, and the relative expansion is small, which causes the surface layer to produce compressive stress. After the mold is opened, the surface of the mold cavity contacts with the air and is cooled by the compressed air and the coating, resulting in tensile stress. This kind of alternating stress increases with the continuous production. When it exceeds the fatigue limit of the die material, plastic deformation will occur on the surface layer of the die, resulting in cracks.
In order to maintain the durability of the surface, the surface is required to have thermal fatigue resistance, wear resistance, non sticking and easy to take off parts. So 4Cr5MoSiV1 (H13) material is used to manufacture the forming parts.
Ningbo Fuerd was founded in 1987, is leading full-service die Casting Tooling
, aluminum die casting
, zinc die casting
, Gravity casting
manufacturer. We are a solution provider offering a wide array of capabilities and services that include engineering support, designing
, complex CNC machining
, impregnation, tumbling, chrome, powder coating, polishing, assembly and other finishing services. We will work with you as partners not just suppliers.
- Full Service in Die Casting & Machining Since 1987
- Die Casting Machine from 180 to 4400 tons
- 1500+ Set of Casting Parts Exported Overseas
- Trusted By Top Brandings in Automotive & Medical Industry
- IATF 16949 Certificated Factory
- Famous“Die Casting City in China"
- Well-trained Staff Will Support You Efficiently From RFQ to Shipment.
NINGBO FUERD MECHANICAL CO., LTD